As part of the world-renowned GALM series, the Lightweight Vehicle Manufacturing: Joining, Forming & Manufacturing Technology Europe Summit will once again gather together OEM experts from the automotive and aerospace industries to bring you leading case studies focusing on the costs & benefits of joining, forming & manufacturing technologies for lightweight vehicles.
Taking place from 29th – 30th November at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, this year's event features a completely brand new speaker line up from Alfa Romeo, Tata Motors, Volkswagen, Rolls-Royce, BMW, FCA and Jaguar Landrover. It will also exclusively feature cutting-edge solutions in adhesive bonding and composite material forming applications from the perspective of the aerospace industry with 2 presentations from Airbus companies, providing unique new insights and valuable transferable lessons for the automotive industry.
There will also be a specially designed optional pre-conference workshop on Tuesday 28th November, to provide an additional opportunity to identify solutions to the complexity of adhesive joint modelling, and increase accuracy in the prediction of failure and fatigue.
This exclusive OEM-Led Summit will help you address complex adhesive joining techniques, improve your spot-welding methods and discover a long-term view for your dissimilar material joining strategy.
Speakers & Panelists Include:
• Dr Yves Omboko, production planner, Volkswagen AG.
• Tulsi Ezhilan, principal technologist, Rolls-Royce.
• Chris Wheritt, joining specialist, BMW.
• Dr Jana Haag, material and process technical lead, Airbus Aerospace and Defence.
• Ucee Ukagha, BIW, advanced manufacturing engineering, Jaguar Landrover.
• Luca Cornero, R&D – product development engineer, FCA Italy.
• Matteo Matteucci, senior specialist in fasteners engineering, Alfa Romeo.
• Steve Currie, lead engineer - body & closures, Tata Motors European Technical Centre.
• Georges Zambelis, stress analysis engineer, Airbus Helicopters France.
• Chris Staunton, head of body structures, Emerald Automotive.
During the summit there will be 15 solution lead case studies, covering:
• Resistance spot welding For UHSS.
• Detailed analysis of spot welding vs laser welding.
• Resistance spot welding for aluminium structures.
• NEW: Adhesive joining from aerospace industry.
• Panel session: joining validation strategy.
• Advance shapes in composite metal forming.
• Panel session: Hot vs cold stamping
Finally, the Lightweight Vehicle Manufacturing: Joining, Forming & Manufacturing Technology Europe Summit will focus on the following areas and benefits:
• Comprehensive analysis of the current multi-material joining methods from leading OEMs to plan for future manufacturing strategies.
• Improve methodologies in spot welding techniques forhigh strength steel and aluminium by upgrading existing technology and how to manage it with minimum production change.
• Understand how to optimise adhesive preparation for enhanced decision at structure design stage.
• Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of hot & cold forming steel to improve the overall efficiency of the manufacturing process.
• Assess future manufacturing technologies: Additive manufacturing & flow forming for long-term manufacturing investment strategy.
• Address the complex challenges of how to mitigate adhesive bonding corrosion for multi material joints and improve durability of the joints.
For more information visit: www.lightweight-vehicle-manufacturing-europe.com
t: +44 (0) 1727 814 509
Will joined Fastener + Fixing Magazine in 2007 and over the last 10 years has experienced every facet of the fastener sector – interviewing key figures within the industry and visiting leading companies and exhibitions around the globe. Will manages the content strategy across all platforms and is the guardian for the high editorial standards that the brand is renowned.