COVENTYA, a global supplier to the surface finishing industry since 1927, has launched ALUMAL – an extensive product range for aluminium, which covers all functional, decorative and corrosion-resistant requirements.
In 2017, COVENTYA became the majority shareholder of POLITEKNIK METAL, a recognised innovation leader in aluminium finishing. Upon the merger, a new global product line emerged; ALUMAL. These products have been developed with full consideration of customers’ daily challenges such as substrate quality, finishing requirements, costs, productivity as well as environmental and safety issues.
ALUMAL has gained product approvals in many industries and new ones are added each and every year. Among them are well known international companies such as Safran, Tesla, Airbus Helicopters, Somfy, Volkswagen and Dhollandia.
The ALUMAL line from COVENTYA includes:
• ALUMAL CLEAN: Alkaline, neutral or acidic cleaners to effectively remove various oils, soil and polishing pastes.
• ALUMAL ETCH: Additives for long lasting alkaline or acid etching that deliver flawless surfaces and/or fine matte finishes.
• ALUMAL BRIGHT: Nitrate-free chemical or electrolytic brightening
• ALUMAL DEOX: Processes to neutralise, deoxidise and effectively remove smut due to alloying elements.
• ALUMAL ELOX: Additives to improve the overall anodising process that allow higher temperature operation and resultant layers that are both harder and brighter.
• ALUMAL BOND and LANTHANE: Cr-free and Cr III conversion coatings for pretreatment before organic coatings or bare surface corrosion protection.
• OPTIBOND: Extensive offering of zincate technologies.
• ALUMAL COLOR/STEEL/COPPER and ALUMAL GOLD/BLACK: Long life electrocolouring solutions and dyes that offer intense and durable colours.
• ALUMAL SEAL: Nickel-based and/or heavy metal-free processes for high quality sealing that are suitable for clear and coloured parts.
As far as the architectural industry is concerned, QUALICOAT and QUALANOD approvals affirm the superior performances of COVENTYA’s products. Committed to serve the aluminium industry, COVENTYA has teamed up with several important associations such as ESTAL, AAC, AYID, VOA, ADAL.
Through combined investments in state of the art laboratories, dedicated researchers and unrivaled material science, COVENTYA has quickly gained the aluminum finishing industry's attention with innovative, high performance finishes. With numerous manufacturing sites and a responsive and experienced team in the field, COVENTYA is poised to change the way the world looks at aluminium.
Early on, specialty chemicals from COVENTYA were primarily for plating aluminium with various metals such as copper, nickel and silver. Over the years, COVENTYA has developed a full range of cleaners, etchants, deoxidisers and zincates purposely adapted for the preparation of aluminium alloys as well as satisfying increasingly demanding requirements.
Twelve years ago, based on its extensive knowledge and experience in trivalent chrome passivates, COVENTYA also expanded its portfolio by launching LANTHANE products tailored specifically for aluminium. This included LANTHANE 613.3, the next generation Cr III based conversion coating, which has gained recognition and countless approvals in industries such as aerospace, rail transportation and construction.
Several years later, COVENTYA introduced the LUMIA line, a comprehensive range of products dedicated to Aluminium Surface Treatment. The LUMIA line includes full pretreatment for aluminium, conversion coatings and anodising processes.
Having joined the magazine in 2012, Claire developed her knowledge of the industry through the numerous company visits, exhibitions and conferences she attended both in the UK and abroad.
Claire prides herself on keeping readers well informed and up to date with the latest industry news.